Giambattista Valli’s Fall 2012 Couture Collection was inspired by nature, all things floral. The collection was just an explosion of flowers. Loved the choice of colours too, forest leafy greens, lilac purples, and deep rose reds. Each piece blossomed into floral peplums. The tailoring, the ruffles, everything was superb.
STREET STYLE: Auya Ziourova in Ostwald Helgason
When it comes to fashion inspiration, simply look out your front door. Although I’m a New Yorker (Chicagoan at heart), global fashion inspires me with equal measure. Thanks to my favorite street style blogs, I can be inspired by Fashion Weeks worldwide. And the eye candy from last week’s Couture shows will tickle your sweet tooth for days. There are countless street style blogs, including my favorites Tommy Ton, Street Peeper, and Jak & Jil Blog. This shot is of Auya Ziourova (taken by Tommy Ton), who wears a look by newcomer designers of Ostwald Helgason. Get this brand on your radar. It features bold color, stripey separates, and the chicest sweatshirts you’ll clamor to get your ladyfingers on. Spring pieces are currently being sold at Opening Ceremony, which only means promising things for Fall.
To emulate this look, I used Midnight Blue by Sinful, and Bikini So Teeny and Very Structured both by Essie.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full dark blue nail
2. Using tape as a guide, tape off the full nail keeping the top right of the nail exposed
3. Paint the exposed portion light blue
4. Once dry, repeat step 2 moving the tape over to create an equal space parallel to the light blue portion
5. Paint the exposed portion brown
6. Using a fine paint brush or nail art brush, paint two white parallel lines in the dark blue portion
7. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Tommy Ton for Style.com)